- Participation is at your own risk. The organiser has competitor insurance via SCF/Folksam.
- The minimum age limit for participation is 16 years.
- The organiser does not cover damage to or loss of property or belongings.
- Helmets must be worn throughout the race. They must be worn on the head and be securely fastened.
- Litter may only be disposed of in designated zones or pit stops.
- Timekeeping is implemented for all participants.
- Mobile phones and headphones playing music may not be used during the race.
- In the event of an accident, call the emergency number on the back of your racing number.
- If you need to stop during the race, please move to the side to prevent obstructing other participants.
- We operate a time limit for the race. The time limit will be checked at the pit stops and participants who are lagging behind will have to drop out. A support vehicle will follow behind the last cyclist. If you drop out of the race, you should contact the support line (the number can be found on the back of your racing number).
- Leisure class 90, 60 or 21 km. Mass start in groups with timekeeping. Club membership is not required in order to take part. The organiser is affiliated to Svenska Cykelförbundet (SCF) and the race is subject to the organisation’s guidelines. Further details under Rules for leisure class below.
Rules for leisure class
- The cycle must have two wheels and seat one person. Recumbent bikes and electric bikes are not permitted.
- Time trial handlebars, triathlon handlebars and other non-standard handlebars are not permitted. Disc wheels, hard bottles, loose or protruding objects that may be a safety risk are not permitted. If in doubt, please contact the organiser.
- Exceptions to the rules may be possible; for example, for medical reasons.
- Please contact the organiser at least one week in advance regarding requests for exceptions to the rules.
90K start – Uddeholm, 12:00
The start time for the BIKE 90K race is 12:00 from Uddeholmsladan in Uddeholm. View map >
Participants have access to the start pens from 11:30. Participants will be divided into different starting groups based on their own estimated average speed. There will be signs at the start indicating where the various starting groups should stand. For the competition class, the firing of the start pistol will start the timekeeping. For the other starting groups, the timekeeping starts once each racer crosses the starting line.
60K start – Munkfors, 13:00
The start time for the BIKE 60K race is 13:00 from Gamla Bruket in Munkfors. View map >
Participants have access to the start pens from 12:30. Participants will be started off in groups of no more than 20. Participants will be divided into different starting groups based on their own estimated average speed. There will be signs at the start indicating where the various starting groups should stand. The groups will be started at timed intervals and will be merged with the rest of the starting field that set off from Uddeholm. Timekeeping will start once each racer crosses the starting line.
21K start – Forshaga, 15:00
The start time for the BIKE 21K race is 15:00 from Forshaga Lärcenter. View map >
Participants have access to the start pens from 14:30. Participants will be started off in groups of no more than 20. Participants will be divided into different starting groups based on their own estimated average speed. There will be signs at the start indicating where the various starting groups should stand. The groups will be started at timed intervals and will be merged with the rest of the starting field that set off from Uddeholm and Munkfors. Timekeeping will start once each racer crosses the starting line.
Kilometre signs are displayed every 5 km, showing kilometres remaining to the finishing line. The final 5 km are marked at every kilometre. Remember that the course is narrow and care should be taken. Please show respect for fellow competitors. As a basic rule, when competitors overtake from behind you, keep to the right.
The first 10 km of the course will be technical; there is also a slippery bridge and a narrow tunnel, so take care. The same applies for the final 5 km of the course as it heads into the centre of Karlstad and gets a little more technical.
Flag marshals will be stationed at all crossings. Forest roads and paths crossing the course are closed off with plastic tape and information signs. Any bumps in the asphalt, man-holes, etc. have colour markings just before. View course route >
Time limit – cut-off times
The time limit is set as 7 hours with the following cut-off times:
- Munkfors: 14:15
- Edeby: 15:45
- Forshaga: 17:15
Refreshment stations will be sited at 3 locations in addition to the start and finish. View course route >
The selection on offer at the refreshment stations will be bananas, rolls, water, sports drinks, plus chocolate and coffee at the final station, Forshaga.
Racing numbers should be worn on the back and be clearly visible. Racing numbers and data chips can be collected at the following locations and times:
- At the start in Uddeholm (Uddeholmsladan) View map >
Saturday at 10:30–11:30
- At the start in Munkfors (Gamla Bruket) View map >
Saturday at 12:00–12:45
- At the start in Forshaga (Forshaga Lärcenter) View map >
Saturday at 13:30–14:30
Last-minute registration and change of name
Last-minute registration and change of name for participants is possible up until collection of racing numbers closes. NB! Payment is only possible by card or swish.
Parking is available near the start in Uddeholm. View map >
Parking is available near the start in Munkfors. View map >
Parking is available near the start in Forshaga. View map >
For parking near the finish at Museiparken, please refer to public car parks in the centre of Karlstad. View map >
Buses to the start
For those who have booked bus transport, buses and transportation of cycles will depart from the finishing area on Museigatan in Karlstad to the start in Uddeholm, Munkfors or Forshaga. Cycles should be carefully packed for transport. The organiser will provide bubble wrap. You can find out more about the buses and departure times here.
Transport of bags to finishing point
For transport of bags to the finishing point in Karlstad, bags must be deposited at the designated location in the starting area.
Medical services – accidents
Medical staff in the form of nurses with medical packs will be stationed at the start and finish and at the refreshment stations. Participants who become aware that a fellow competitor needs medical attention should inform the nearest official and/or call the event medical coordinator on +46 (0)72-7337285. In an emergency, call 112!
Dropping out of the race
Competitors who drop out can travel with the support minibus to the nearest refreshment station and get bus transport from there to the finish in Karlstad. In order to contact the support vehicle, call +46 (0)72-5877849.
NB! Your data chip must be handed over to the medical staff at the refreshment station.
Handing in of data chips
Data chips must be handed in at the designated location immediately after the finish. Participants will be charged for any unreturned data chips.
The organiser is not obliged to pay any refund in the event of registered entrants being unable to participate. Insurance is available, e.g. via Folksam.
Showers & changing facilities
Showers and changing facilities are available a short bus ride from the finishing area.
Results & medals
Results will be published on klaralvsloppet.se
All participants will receive a medal immediately after the finish.
If you show your medal, you can receive a 25% discount at a number of restaurants and cafés in Karlstad. Information on participating venues to be provided later.